Length, Width, Clearance & Weight
Length, Width, Clearance
1. The maximum overall width (including wheels and axles) shall not exceed 2-3/4 inches.
2. The minimum width between the wheels shall be 1-3/4 inches so the car will clear the center guide strip on the track.
3. The minimum clearance between the bottom of the car and the track surface shall be 3/8 inch so the car will clear the center guide strip on the track.
4. The maximum overall length shall not exceed 7 inches.
5. The wheel-base (distance between the front and rear axles) may not be changed from the kit body distance of 4-1/4 inches.
Weight and Appearance
1. Weight shall not exceed 5 ounces. The reading of the official scale will be considered final. The car may be hollowed out and built up to the maximum weight by the addition of wood or metal only, provided the material is securely built into the body or firmly affixed to it. No liquids or loose materials of any kind are permitted in or on the car.
2. Details such as steering wheel, driver, spoiler, decals, painting and interior details are permissible as long as these details do not exceed the maximum length, width or weight specifications.
3. Cars with wet paint will not be accepted.